Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spore will not run on my laptop, but I think I meet the system requirements.. Help?

I just bought Spore yesterday and everything installed fine.. But when I click to run the game, it ALMOST opens it up (like the screen turns black as if its about to run) but then Vista pops up with a friendly message saying, "The program has encountered a problem and needs to close. We will notify you if a solution becomes available." I'm pretty sure my laptop meets the requirements.. It can play KOTOR, Half Life 2 (low settings) and Doom 3... I have 4 gigs of RAM, ATI Radeon X1200 Graphics card, 160 gig hard drive, and a dual processor.. Pentium 4, I think. Can someone please help me?Spore will not run on my laptop, but I think I meet the system requirements.. Help?
Your card is not on the list, as stated above, and if you read the box (under pc spec) It says the laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Meaning there is no guarantee the game will work at all on your laptop. Sorry... Maybe try uploading your graphics card driver. Go on the ATI Radeon website and it should be there if there is an update. That may help.Spore will not run on my laptop, but I think I meet the system requirements.. Help?
update all your drivers and directx. make sure all unneccessary programs are turned off.Spore will not run on my laptop, but I think I meet the system requirements.. Help?
Your card isnt on the list for supported cards : Should have read on the game before you bought it. Here read this::



ATI Radeon鈩?series

9500, 9600, 9800

X300, X600, X700, X800, X850

X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950

2400, 2600, 2900

3450, 3650, 3850, 3870,

4850





Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but may run comparatively slowly. Standalone cards that are installed in vanilla PCI slots (not PCIe or PCIx or AGP), such as some GeForce FX variants, will perform poorly. Intel integrated chipsets featuring underclocked parts, such as the 945GU, GML, and GMS, will not perform adequately.





Integrated chipsets such as the ATI Xpress and the NVIDIA TurboCache variants will have low settings selected, but should run satisfactorily.





Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn聮t listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.





Your out of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment