Friday, March 9, 2012

How do I know if my computer has a built-in graphics chipset?

The game spore has two sets of requirements, one for a built-in graphics chipset and one without. How do I know which one i have?How do I know if my computer has a built-in graphics chipset?
The simplest way is to look at the stickers on your laptop or PC.



Failing that, try opening the start window, right click on my computer and go to my properties (keyboard shortcut to here is windows button + pauseBreak key)



click on the hardware tab

then click on device manager.



Go to display adapters.



It should give you a bit of information about it.



If intel is the brand of your graphics card, you are pretty much screwed.



If you enjoy playing games 6 or 7 years old, you MIGHT be able to play SOME of those with an intel GPU. *eyeroll*



I have one on my computer and it can hardly play anything. Age of Empires and Need for Speed Porsche are about it.



Recently I helped a guy choose a new computer for himself and we noticed that virtually all base model intel based laptops - even the ones without the dreadful celeron chipsets - had intel GPUs.



Something to avoid like the plague if you ask me.



We found a computer of roughly equivalent power with an AMD chipset with an added 896MB NVidia graphics card. Seemed decent considering it was only 20 dollars US more.How do I know if my computer has a built-in graphics chipset?
You say: I'm guessing this means I don't have a chipset?

However, you have already found that your chipset IS the NVidia Quadro NVS.



Review here: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.p鈥?/a>

Report Abuse

How do I know if my computer has a built-in graphics chipset?
An easy way to find out is to download GPU-z all the infos are there, you didn't tell me which OS you were using.



In start menu go to run, type "dxdiag" (without the quotes), and go to the graphics section,the info should be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment