Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spore Galactic Adventures. I meet the requirements yet it is frustratingly slow!?

I have a Toshiba Notebook Equium A100-147 laptop, I just got Galactic Adventures and got fed up since it took me almost half an hour per mission. I have met every requirement so I am just confused. The same problem happened with the original spore!

My attributes for my laptop are:

PC OS: XP

CPU: 1.6 GHz Duo Processor (Two 1.6 processor to make 3.2 GHz)

RAM: 2 GB

HARD DRIVE: 5 GB

VIDEO: 128 MB Graphics card (Yet I am not sure about the Pixel Shader and if it is important.)

INTERNET CONNECTION: YesSpore Galactic Adventures. I meet the requirements yet it is frustratingly slow!?
Couple of things to point out:



1) "CPU: 1.6 GHz Duo Processor (Two 1.6 processor to make 3.2 GHz)"

- A dual core processor doesn't double your processing speed. You don't have a 3.2 GHz system. All a dual core CPU does is allow better multi-tasking since there are essentially two CPUs to do the work.



2) VIDEO: 128 MB Graphics card (Yet I am not sure about the Pixel Shader and if it is important.)

- Not quite enough information about the actual video chipset but I'm guessing you have an integrated setup with shared RAM (sharing memory with the CPU and the video card). The sluggish performance with gaming is likely a direct result of your video setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment